Monday, February 02, 2009
Kill, Kill!
Palmer is a big fan of the Wii. He started by bowling (and doing a darn good job I might add!) but recently he has taken up boxing. Remember... he is THREE. I think Carter showed it to him. (At least I'll blame it on him). When he punches his fists he says "Kill, Kill, Kill" each time he throws a punch. I am horrified at this behavior!!!!! He told uncle Jay on the phone last night that he had fun killing yesterday. We had to have a sit down talk about when punching people is appropriate... which in my mind for a three year old is NEVER! How can he distinguish between real live vs. video game? Why am I having these conversations with him so early? Again, blaming Carter for introducing it... although neither of us know where he came up with the "kill" idea. I can easily see how video game induce violence... and I know that is a controversial topic. Needless to say, boxing at our house is off limits for quite a while. Bowling... now there's a game I can handle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow. That's a hard one. You just never know where these little kiddos come up with stuff. At least he is getting exercise. . .??? Maybe silver lining?
So cute! I really do want to do a McDonalds play date one day.
I think of you so often......
Hi Mandi! I found your blog through Lindsay's. I've enjoyed reading what you and Carter and the boys have been up to. Take care!
--Becca (from Crossroads a long time ago)
We have a blog too!
www.academomia.com
Hi Mandi! I can relate. Our nephew is three, and we've had a similar experience with him. I enjoy keeping up with y'all through the blog.
Post a Comment