Wednesday, March 25, 2009
My Daddy
Some of you may have heard that my dad had emergency brain surgery yesterday. We are all just as shocked as you are by this! He had been having constant headaches for almost 3 weeks and saw his family doctor yesterday morning thinking it was still a sinus infection. The doctor did an X-ray and a CT scan and sent him home. I got home from the grocery store to find him asleep on the couch and phones ringing off the hook trying to get in touch with him. I woke him up and told him to call Dr. Reynold's office back and he got the news that he had a "brain bleed" but that was all we knew. Mom came home to drive him to the ER for more tests. Lots of blood-work, a chest x-ray and an MRI later, Dad was immediately taken to surgery. I barely had time to make it to the hospital to see him before they took him back! We were shocked that this invasive surgery would only take about an hour, and were relieved when Dr. George came out with the good news that he was doing great. They kept him in SICU overnight and he is now resting in his own room. His head is hurting worse than ever and he is exhausted, but he is really doing great. He doesn't need visitors right now... just prayers. We have been blessed to be surrounded by such amazing family and friends. Mom and I are blown away by everyone's support. I'll try to keep things updated, but internet access may be early morning/late night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Definitely lifting your sweet Daddy up in prayers as well as your whole family!
Post a Comment