Today's ultrasound was another great one! We got to hear and see the baby's heartbeat (see the third picture down) which was both exciting and a huge relief. The baby looks great and has a very strong heartbeat... but each time they have measured, we've been about a week behind schedule. This isn't a shock to me as I've never had the classic "28 day" cycle. We just got a little later start than would be expected to a "normal" cycle. The doctor isn't concerned at all, but he did choose to go ahead and move my due date back a week (now November 28th) since the measurements have consistently been shown to be a week behind schedule. We will have another ultrasound in 2 weeks and then will probably be released from our infertility specialist, Dr. Jabara (love, love, love him... and would recommend him to anyone!) to a normal OB/GYN. Dr. Jabara is the only doctor I've seen since we moved back to Lubbock, so if anyone has OB/GYN suggestions I'm all ears! I know these pictures are hard to decipher, but the view is from behind the baby with the head on the left side, and the large hollow circle is the yolk sac. Definitely bigger than last time's DOT, but still in that weird embryonic alien looking stage. Stay tuned




2 comments:
I love Dr. Jennifer Owen. She is really great. Smart, young, easy to talk to, encouraging, etc. I panic so easily, and she is really great and her nurse is too.
My old OB was Cynthia Dunn and I loved her too. She doesn't deliver anymore
You know how thrilled I am for you and baby Biggers. Praying for you!
I second Ashley's Jennifer Owen suggestion. She was fantastic! She called me personally to confirm Charlie's pregnancy after the blood test and had all the nurses gathered around the phone cheering. Love Dr. Owen!
I also had a very good experience at Covenant Lakeside where she delivers. So good that if we have a third I told Ryan I want to move to Lubbock for the delivery.
Post a Comment